- Describe the worst time you've ever put your foot in your mouth.
- Describe your most embarrassing on-the-job experience.
- More than 25,000 Americans seek help every year for compulsive gambling. Write about one of them.
- Write about the most important meeting or even that you've ever been late to.
- Write about the worst driving you've ever done.
- Flip to any three photographs in this book at random. Write a story that incorporates all of them.
- Chronicle the longest amount of time you've ever gone without sleeping.
Rekulak also disperses short author biographies, quotes and suggestions throughout the book that basically amount to the three points that Haley made yesterday: relax, don't stop writing, and introduce something new to your life.
It's a nice little book. Granted, if your writer's block does stem from a deeper psychological issue, this 3x3x3inch cube will probably not get to the heart of the matter and provide a cure, but if you're stuck or just need something to prime the pump and get the thoughts flowing, The Writer's Block could be a helpful start.
Images thanks to dolmansaxlil on Flickr.com