Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Home Sweet Blog

After spending the last couple of months building our website, decorating and organizing and picking out website curtains, it's time we settled in to our new home and start living.

That means blogging. I've been blogging for a lot of years now, and the first blog post is always a little awkward. Who is my audience? How should I introduce myself and what I'm trying to do here? How can I keep readers reading and not clicking away after the first paragraph out of boredom or disinterest? I'm not sure if I have the answers to all those questions yet, but I'm going to do my best and see if I can't at least make a decent start on this blogging journey.

Blogging really is a journey, and one we're excited to begin at Arch Editing. We are an editing service, but we are also educators, writers, researchers, academics and students. I (Jasie) have never spent more than 8 months away from school since I was 5 years old. I am working on my third degree, I've taught university level Humanities classes, I've presented at conferences and I'm in the process of publishing in academic journals. Haley has been writing fiction since she was 5 years old, and publishing her work for the last ten years. She also has an advance degree and years of experience teaching writing courses.

Because of who we are as people, this website and this blog is about a lot more than simply offering an editing service. We want to become part of a community, a community of writers, students and researchers. We want to contribute to this community, to expand it and and help those out there who know that they want to write and research, but need some advice and a little direction.

We hope this blog will become a resource for you as a writer or educator or editor. We will post book reviews and website reviews for writing and publishing resources. Under our "Quick Guides to..." section we will have tips and tutorials ranging from how to use semicolons to how to submit queries to publishers. We will update our blog on a regular basis so that you can return and find more tips and advise to help make your writing awesome.

The best part of moving in to a new house is the sense of possibility, a chance to build something real out of hopes and dreams. This website and blog is that chance for us, and we hope you enjoy our home here and always feel welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment